Who: All painters, sketchers, mark-makers of all abilities
Where: The Plein Air painting hub is St Mary’s Churchyard but you can pitch-up anywhere in the town centre. In the church-yard there will also be entertainment and you can climb the clock tower (for an extra fee)
Why: To celebrate The Urban Frame, Mutiny in Colour exhibition at Haverhill Arts Centre. Be inspired by the contemporary work of Banksy, Pure Evil, Swoon, The Connor Brothers and others or create something in your own inimitable style. Free kids’ workshop with artist Joel Millerchip – paint a tiny artwork for inclusion in a BIG-tiny art exhibition
What: Plein-air painting in Haverhill town centre. Whatever your style, whatever your process we want to see it!
When: Saturday 22 July – 10.00am to 3.00pm.
How it works:
• Book in advance or just turn up. Register your canvas/board/paper between 10.00am and 11.00am. Entry is £5.00 and includes tea/coffee from The Friends of St Mary’s
• Go off and create your plein air work in Haverhill
• Return your work to the hub by 3.00pm in order to be entered into the competition
• Judging will take place between 3.30pm and 4.30pm. First prize is £60.00, runner-up £40.00
• See the entries in St Mary’s Church between 3.30pm and 6.00pm
• Bring all your own equipment and materials. You are responsible for your own work and possessions at all times. If necessary, please arrange your own insurance.