- Please book to join the painting party. The accompanying children’s workshop is not bookable but works on a drop-in basis. You don’t need a ticket to take part in the painting party but it does help us get an idea of numbers.
- It’s called a painting party but anything goes! As long as it is not dangerous or affects others. Your artistic medium could be photography, pen, pencils, lino-print, collage, clay, wool, wood, your tablet, the list goes on…
- Your inspiration could be the architecture of St Mary’s, the trees, the people, the weather. We’d love to see representational, abstract, expressionist work and everything in-between.
- You can work inside the church if you wish and the church tower will be open for aerial perspectives.
- Bring whatever you need in terms of equipment, comfort and sustenance. You will also be able to buy refreshments from the church.
- Turn up and leave when you want.
- If we get enough submissions we plan to hold an exhibition of the work. If you are interested in submitting your work please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and further instructions will be sent to you.
- There is no need to complete and submit your work on the day. You can take your time and finish the work at home. The church is open from 10am every Friday or by appointment if you wish to make a return visit.
- The painting party will take place in all but the very worst weather.
On the day there will be a voluntary donations bucket for the Friends of St Mary’s Church